Friday, September 18, 2009

Knott's Berry Farm Excelerator Roller Coaster Accident

Who doesn't love the thrills and spills of a good roller coaster?!

However, as I've gotten older, I have to admit they feel more like they are beating me up than they are providing entertainment, so I've not ridden as much in recent years.


Also as I've gotten older, I've considered, "Just how safe are they?"  I know that most parks have daily test runs, etc, but I still can't help but think about the safety of such rides.  At what point are we pushing the limits too much?

A recent story about the Xcelerator ride at Knott's Berry Farm caught my interest.

In Buena Park, CA, the cable snapped on the Xcelerator ride, causing a laceration to a 12 year old boy's leg, and some back pain to a man also on the coaster.  This is the first reported incident on the ride since 2002, which is a pretty good record...unless you're the boy or the man.

Want a peek at the Xcelerator?  Check out this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment